Read how the client, a Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare wholesale distributor and retailer, needed a 12-week accelerated ERP sourcing programme.
HighlightsSI Successfully Selected
The RFP process resulted in the identification and selection of a suitable SI partner to support the delivery and ongoing support of the solution, within the timeframes.
Coeus developed the overall programme investment case, obtaining approval from both the CFO and CEO.
ChallengeFollowing an announcement to divest the UK business, a client’s multi-year ERP European programme was cancelled.
The UK business had an urgent need to replace legacy applications, in addition to requiring core ERP functionality required to support a standalone business.
The ERP solution’s scope was to support multiple core business processes (inc. O2C, FiCo, P2P)
The client had already provisionally selected a suitable package, but requested a validation of this decision.
Due to the urgency, an accelerated 12-week sourcing engagement was requested.
Coeus Approach• Strategy & Requirements - Leveraged previous collateral where available and validated for completeness. Performed a fit gap analysis of the validated requirements against the provisionally selected ERP Solution.
• Investment Case – Working closely with the business, and finance, developed a comprehensive investment case for the programme.
• Package Selection – Supported the client with pricing and contracting negotiations for the selected ERP solution, exploring various options to achieve the best deal.
• Systems Integrator Selection – Performed rapid shortlisting and engagement of suitable SIs. Conducted accelerated sourcing and selection of preferred SI. Including supporting the negotiation and contracting. Key Deliverables
• Business requirements documents (inc. NFRs)
• High level target architecture
• Fit gap analysis against preferred ERP package
• Overall programme investment case
• RFP documentation, Q&A process and management of supplier workshops
• RFP outcome paper, containing a summary of the moderated scores and associated pros/cons to enable selection
Within a challenging timeframe, client requirements were aligned to industry best-practices.
Validation of the selected package, including the identification of perceived areas of weakness and options to resolve.
Identification of areas of business complexity, where alternative best of breed solutions would be more suitable and deliver greater ROI.
Successfully sourced and selected the SI within the accelerated timeframes.
Read more about our ERP insight here