The client's team had, to date, been supporting the business by providing technical advice and strategic guidance on a range of technical and architectural issues to projects.
However, they had the ambition of becoming a trusted strategic advisor to the business by pulling domain knowledge together to provide clear vision, direction and guidance to projects and BAU activity. The client also wanted to ensure that such activity was aligned and targeted to the organisation’s strategic objectives.
Coeus was engaged to help the Solution Design team define and strengthen its offering to the business by providing an architecture roadmap for the coming 3 years.
The Coeus team conducted a review of the team, including:
- Analysis of the demands on the team, including day-to-day activity, project support, and addressing the technology vision & challenges.
- Gap Analysis of the teams activities regarding the description of the work and roles which catalogue, model and plan for change to the high-level business systems that support them (Principles, policies and plans).
- Exploration of trends in the wider market place and analysis of the potential impact of these trends on the clients technology visioning and innovation.Supporting the organisation’s vision and objectives with “Big Ideas” taking into consideration emerging trends in business and technology.
The Coeus team worked with the Solution Design Team to develop:
- Team Mandate: Delivered the Solution Design Team’s organisation and approach to deal with business demands, challenges and day-to-day activity.
- Team Vision & Strategy: Delivered the vision and strategy inline with Business Objectives that places the Solution Design Team in a pro-active position to innovation & technological development.
- Team Roadmap: Delivered a three year roadmap plotting the Solution Design team’s activity in a visual way on both a day-to-day basis and in support of the strategy on a timeline. This includes known regular recurring deliverables to the IT Governance meeting, activity in support of the project roadmap, and keeping abreast of new developments and trends in areas appropriate to organisation’s business.
The primary benefit for the client was a clearly defined internal team structure around ways of working, team service proposition and the creation of a framework-based architecture repository to support it.
The key achievement was a clearly defined internal team structure around ways of working, the team service proposition and the creation of a framework-based architecture repository to support it.
The roadmap provided effective ownership and governance and a wide understanding around the department about its purpose, value and status, to be maintained as a “living artefact”.